Phase 2 OCR HIPAA Audit Preparation
In this session participants will learn:
- Impact of the Omnibus Final Rule – Deadline is here
- Lessons learned from Phase 1 of the OCR HIPAA Audit Program – Findings and Recommendations
- Phase 2 of the OCR HIPAA Audit Program – What we know
- HIPAA Privacy and Breach Notification Rule requirements and enforcement trends
- Cause of data breaches and compliant-driven investigations
- Controls-based risk management tips
- Remediation and compliance action plan management – Culture of Compliance
- How to succeed if you are audited in Phase 2
- Onsite Audits — OCR Revised game plan
Stephanie brings 23 years of experience in the healthcare industry where has served in client service and business development roles for leading firms including The Advisory Board Company, WebMD and CTG Health Solutions. Stephanie’s work since 2000 has been focused in the area of data protection and privacy/security compliance. In her roles at CTG, CynergisTek and BluePrint Healthcare IT, Stephanie was instrumental in the development of innovative privacy and security solutions, quality management of these programs and services, and the establishment of key vendor partnerships to solve the most pressing client concerns.
Prior to her work at these firms Stephanie applied her health policy acumen as an assistant project director for a large Maternal and Child Health Bureau grantee working on the national Bright Futures and Healthy Start initiatives to develop and document best practices in the care continuum for pediatrics and infant mortality. Stephanie holds her A.B. and A.M. from the University of Chicago. Stephanie serves on the Advisory Board for the AEHIS Foundation, CHIME’s association for information security executives, and serves as the Scholarship Chair for the Central and North Florida chapter of the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).