The time has come to kick your HIPAA compliance programs into a higher gear and initiate formal audit readiness activities. We anticipate that the OCR will make up for lost time and move quickly to get the audits underway. This webinar will offer participants:
- Insight into the content and structure of the OCR HIPAA Audit Entity Survey
- The absolute “latest and greatest” on the OCR HIPAA Audit Program and how your organization can prepare and maintain a posture of audit readiness
- An update on the proposed changes to the HIPAA Privacy Rule resulting from the 21st Century Cures Act
- Learnings from current discussion on Capitol Hill that might lead to changes in the HIPAA Security Rule
- Key takeaways from version 2 of ONC’s Guide to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information
Stephanie brings 23 years of experience in the healthcare industry where she has served in client service and business development roles for leading firms including The Advisory Board Company, WebMD and CTG Health Solutions. Stephanie’s work since 2000 has been focused in the area of data protection and privacy/security compliance. In her roles at CTG, CynergisTek and BluePrint Healthcare IT, Stephanie was instrumental in the development of innovative privacy and security solutions, quality management of these programs and services, and the establishment of key vendor partnerships to solve the most pressing client concerns.
Prior to her work at these firms Stephanie applied her health policy acumen as an assistant project director for a large Maternal and Child Health Bureau grantee working on the national Bright Futures and Healthy Start initiatives to develop and document best practices in the care continuum for pediatrics and infant mortality. Stephanie holds her A.B. and A.M. from the University of Chicago. Stephanie serves on the Advisory Board for the AEHIS Foundation, CHIME’s association for information security executives, and serves as the Scholarship Chair for the Central and North Florida chapter of the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).